- Day 1: We depart from Johannesburg, northwards for a wildlife reserve. Relax on the first night around a campfire and enjoy the calming African bushveld.
- Day 2: When the birds make their first chirps, we go on a game drive with the head ranger of the reserve. After lunch we take the road towards the Madikwe Nature Reserve. During the afternoon we will explore this hidden gem which offers the Big 5 and share stories around the campfire.
- Day 3: Today is spent assembling the sponsored bicycles, participating in a hand-over ceremony with Dignitaries and Children of the Village. Afterwards we enjoy a "braai"\barbeque with the volunteers of #Bikes4ERP.
- Day 4: The Head of Conservation will guide us on a hike through the wilderness, followed by a presentation on the significance of the #Bikes4ERP program for the community and the ecology and wildlife conservation of the Park. Prof Wouter van Hoven will give a talk and show a documentary of the first relocation of elephants and other wildlife to Angola after the end of their civil war.
- Day 5: Our destination is the Pilanesberg National Park where we will check into a lodge and explore the area.
- Day 6: After breakfast we spend the day with a wildlife veterinarian, getting involved with wildlife conservation activities and take a helicopter flight over the Park.
- Day 7: On our way to the airport we visit the Cradle of Humankind, World Heritage Site to meet Mrs Ples, the most perfect skull of a pre-human ever found. All guests will be at the OR Tambo International Airport in time for the departure flights.
Safari cost: US$2 600
Bicycle sponsorship: US$270 per bike. Minimun one sponsorship required. Unlimited bikes may be sponsored!
What is included
- Change the lives of young and impoverished South Africans
- Luxury accommodation for the duration of the safari
- Transportation for the duration of the safari
- All meals
- Airport transfers
- Helicopter flight
- Permits and entry fees
- Group activities
Scheduled departures for 2022
|21 - 27 July