The capital of South Africa is Pretoria. It is situated in the central Gauteng Province, about 30 minute's drive from the OR Tambo International Airport. South Africa has 9 provinces. There are 11 official languages, but the majority of people speak English. We drive on the left hand side of the road.
Average temperatures and rainfall
Temperatures start to rise in September and lower in April. Rainfall varies in the different regions. EcoLife travels mainly through the northern and north-eastern parts of the country, namely the Gauteng, Limpopo, Mpumalanga and North-West Provinces. You will find more detailed information on the weather of Gauteng Province (GP), Mpumalanga Province (MP), Limpopo Province (LP), North-West Province (NW) . For up-to-date forecasts visit the South Africa Weather Service site. Use the abreviations listed above to enquire about a specific province.
Essential Travel Information
- EcoLife representatives meet travellers at the OR Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg.
- VISA Requirements: Click here to find a list of countries which are exempt from acquiring a Visa to visit South Africa and other immigration information - Department of Home Affairs, Immigration Services
- Luggage restrictions: Please ensure that your luggage more or less meet the following dimensions - 16" (40cm) wide x 24" (60cm) high x 31" (75cm) deep
- Medical travel advice: "The best prevention against malaria is always a good mosquito repellent". For more detailed health information, please visit - Brand South Africa, Health tips for travellers.
- Each traveller will be supplied with a kit list. EcoLife supplies all our clients with a DriMac (water repellent) jacket.